Second Semester Tech Q & A
Here are some Q&A’s for Technology Help!
1. Where can I find my schedule? Visit Skyward to view your student's schedule. If parents cannot login to Skyward please use the "forgot password" link at Skyward (Family Access).
NEW STUDENTS : https://bit.ly/320eMNc
Students who are new to Seminole County Public Schools will need to first login to the Portal/Clever at https://portal.scps.k12.fl.us (username: StudentIDNumber@student.myscps.us and password: birthday in format YYYYMMDD) to change their initial password. Once they are logged in to the Portal they can click on the Skyward tile/link.
If the student is returning to Seminole County Public Schools their password is the same as last year. If students cannot login please please visit the online reset tool here, or contact your teacher to reset your password, or contact the SCPS helpdesk at 407-320-0350. (See detailed password reset information below).
**It is important to note that each student has a single account which gives them access to the computer, Portal/Clever, eCampus, and Skyward. When a student’s password is reset it is reset for all services.**
2. Where do I find my online classes for Seminole Connect? Students need to log into their Portal through SCPS at http://portal.scps.k12.fl.us/ Once there, students will find their classes in the eCampus tile. (Mr. Beyea's class go to Google Classroom).
3. What if I can’t login to the Portal/Clever? please visit the online reset tool here, or contact your teacher to reset your password, or contact the SCPS helpdesk at 407-320-0350. (See detailed password reset information below). **It is important to note that each student has a single account which gives them access to the computer, Portal/Clever, eCampus, and Skyward. When a student’s password is reset it is reset for all services.**
4. How do I access eCampus? For instructions on accessing eCampus click here.
5. What if I can’t find my class? Please follow the instructions on this link. If you still can’t find your course, please email your teacher directly.
6. What if I still see old courses in eCampus? You may see old courses there. That is normal. You only get added to courses; you don’t get removed. Your expectation is to participate in your seven current classes.
7. What if I get an Access Denied error in eCampus? This error is resolved by clearing the cache in the Google Chrome Web Browser. Alternatively you can access your courses by going to Courses -> All Courses
8. What if I still need to checkout a device?
Laptops will be distributed by appointment only. Please call the school to schedule.
9. What if I’m having trouble with the school owned device I borrowed? Please contact the SCPS helpdesk at 407-320-0350.
10. How do I clean the school owned device I borrowed? Please view this link for cleaning details.
11. What if I can't get an assignment from my teacher to work? Try another web browser. We always recommend Google Chrome. You may also need to clear the cache on your web browser. If this doesn't work pelase email your teacher directly.
12. Where can I find my grades? Skyward is still the official gradebook and can be accessed at http://skyward.scps.k12.fl.us/
13. How can parents become eCampus Observers to see their student's online content? Please visit https://www.scps.k12.fl.us/district/departments/information-services/digital-resources/ecampus.stml
14. Where can I find additional technology resources? Please visit our WSHS Student Technology Help Page as well as the SCPS Supporting Families: Navigate Online Learning Page
Your child may not remember their password. If you find that this is an issue, you can go to https://cpr.scps.k12.fl.us/external and reset their password. As long as the primary guardian has an email address associated with your child, in Skyward FamilyAccess, you will be able to reset their password quickly. If you do not have an email associated with your child and you have a Skyward FamilyAccess account, you can log in and add your email address. If you are unable to add your email account in Skyward FamilyAccess, you are able to email/call your child’s teacher to reset the password or you can call the SCPS Help Desk at 407-320-0350. Please be aware that while we’ve added as many available staff as possible, the SCPS Help Desk is experiencing a high call volume. We ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to work hard to do everything possible to support our students and families during these challenging times.